How to Prevent A Fire In Your Home?
Flames and smoke can fill a room within seconds, so it’s important to be prepared for fire hazards, especially if your area is prone to fires. If you want to ensure that your home and family are prepared and know how to prevent a fire, keep reading! In this blog post, you will find simple -yet sometimes overlooked fire prevention tips.
6 Things You Need To Be Aware Of To Avoid Fire Hazards
- Keep cigarettes out of reach: Cigarettes are the leading cause of accidental fires, so it is important to always store them in a place that is out of reach of children and pets.
- Be mindful when cooking: Frying, grilling, and baking can all become fire hazards if not monitored closely. Never leave your kitchen while you have something cooking, and always use a flame-retardant oven mitt when handling hot objects.
- Check your electrical wiring: Faulty or old wiring can be a huge fire hazard. Make sure that all of your outlets and wires are in good condition and if you ever notice something wrong, call an electrician right away.
- Don’t overload outlets: Too many appliances plugged into one outlet can cause a fire hazard. If you use multiple large appliances, spread them among different outlets and use power strips with surge protectors to avoid overloading circuits.
- Store flammable liquids properly: Whenever you have flammable liquids or gasses in your home, make sure that they are stored in an approved container and away from any heat sources.
- Test your smoke detectors: Smoke detectors are your first defense against a fire. Test them regularly and make sure that the batteries are replaced at least twice a year.
Don’t Hesitate To Call 911 In Case Of An Emergency
In a fire, it is important to stay calm and react quickly. Always remember that time is of the essence, so don’t hesitate to call 911 for help as soon as you can. Make sure everyone in your home knows where the exits are located and have an emergency plan in case of a fire. If you can safely extinguish the fire with an approved extinguisher, remember never to use water on electrical fires or flammable liquids.
Who To Call To Get Your Home Restored After A Fire?
Though 911 can assist you in managing a fire emergency, you will also need to hire a professional fire restoration service to help you get your home successfully restored to its original condition. At RESTORx of Washington, we understand how scary and traumatic it can be to experience a fire, and the last thing that comes to your mind is to know who is the right person to repair and restore your house. But don’t worry, RESTORx of Washington has your back.
We’re a disaster restoration company in Washington that offers fire cleaning services. Forget about leaving the place you once called home. We can not only help you get your house fully restored but also provide you with helpful tips to help you prevent future fire hazards. We know that after a fire, you feel exposed and scared that it might happen again, but with our help, you can trust it won’t. You deserve to feel safe and have the peace of mind your home won’t fall apart, so we will make sure it doesn’t.
Schedule an Appointment